Wednesday, June 30, 2004

It's been awhile since I first signed on here, I know. Didn't have my own computer at home at the time, but I do now. It's a good feeling to be able to, as a friend of mine put it, "surf til you drop." Let me tell ya, I have.

Quite a bit of things have happened since mid-December, politically, professionally and in other areas. The computer, of course, was a major thing. Last week, too, I went up to Chicago to take part in a contestant search for the game show Jeopardy!

My brother tried out for it several years ago in St. Louis; like he at that time, I didn't get past the first 50-question test. But the experience was good, and the setting for the tryout - Navy Pier in Chicago - couldn't have been more beautiful.

The main drawback; having to get up at 4 a.m. to leave at 5 a.m. for a 10 a.m. appointment. Got up there with an hour and change to spare, but I wanted to leave room both for rush-hour traffic in Chicago and to get lost, having never driven in the city of Chicago before.

The city itself is pretty nice; certainly bigger than St. Louis. I wouldn't mind going up there for an extended visit sometime. Living there may be another matter though, if only because of potential prices for apartments.

But my first love is certainly St. Louis, for all its faults and quirks, it's the place I love the most. I miss living there, but not to worry; I'll be back again in the not-too-distant future (Virvus Jones notwithstanding).

Don't have a lot of time right now to go into other things, so I'll just leave it at this for the moment. But if you see this, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home